Pet Protect Renewing Policy Early

Options
Hi there

I wanted to flag this as it may be something that the company is doing to catch people out of they're less switch-savvy. Pet Protect renewed my policy 2 weeks earlier than they stated in the renewal letter, feels dodgy when they've put the price up 48% this year!

I received my renewal letter dated 4th March stating that my policy would run out on the 24th March and would auto renew on the 25th. I did my comparison searches with those dates as I didn't want to pay 48% extra. Then on 11th March I received an email stating my policy had been automatically renewed, 2 weeks early. I now have to cancel the policy today and redo my comparison searches, getting a less favourable price for doing it on the day of renewal.

If anyone has had the same thing happen please let me know in this thread, or if you're with Pet Protect, please keep an eye out for your renewal letter!

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Worth noting that if you were planning to change insurers, you'd need a two week overlap, because the new policy wouldn't cover you for the first two weeks. (Please can someone explain it better than I just have ...)
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi there

I wanted to flag this as it may be something that the company is doing to catch people out of they're less switch-savvy. Pet Protect renewed my policy 2 weeks earlier than they stated in the renewal letter, feels dodgy when they've put the price up 48% this year!

I received my renewal letter dated 4th March stating that my policy would run out on the 24th March and would auto renew on the 25th. I did my comparison searches with those dates as I didn't want to pay 48% extra. Then on 11th March I received an email stating my policy had been automatically renewed, 2 weeks early. I now have to cancel the policy today and redo my comparison searches, getting a less favourable price for doing it on the day of renewal.

If anyone has had the same thing happen please let me know in this thread, or if you're with Pet Protect, please keep an eye out for your renewal letter!
    Have you complained to Pet Protect about them renewing it early?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback