Insurance Providers that will accept NCB accrued on Company car - Help

Options
Hello,
Can anyone please advise which main stream insurance companies  will accept previously accured sole use company car insurance use as  no claims bonus for a private car.

Basically for 15 years I have worked in a job whereby I have a company car - 24/7 for my sole use and as such have had no need for a private car and private car insurance policy etc.

I've been offered an internal promotion/change of job - but its non travelling and therefore doesn't need a company car.

So I need to find out quickly if I was to take this other job - and then purchase a car privately - how I can get a competative car insurance (which will accept my 15 years of Company Car NCB) as I dont fancy a quote for 0 years NCB..

Anyone help me as I need to get some ball park quotes on a range of vehicles to see if its financially viable or not.

Thanks 

Comments

• Ozzig
    Ozzig Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've been in the same boat, never found one that would, but found Adrian Flux were the most accommodating.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    When I was in that situation I simply asked my employer for a letter confirming how long I'd driven a company car and that I had never been involved in an accident.  Direct Line accepted that as proof of NCD.
  • Ozzig
    Ozzig Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    TELLIT01 said:
    When I was in that situation I simply asked my employer for a letter confirming how long I'd driven a company car and that I had never been involved in an accident.  Direct Line accepted that as proof of NCD.
    That's interesting, when I asked they offered a discount, but would not class it as NCD i.e. after a year their NCD confirmation letter would be for 1 year with no claims.
    This was a while ago though and even with their discount they didn't come in the cheapest.

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If you use the likes of Confused.com you can specify that your NCD comes from a company car. Insurers then can choose to accept it or reject it and quote appropriately for you. 

Full NCD is often not the 65%-70% discount that it used to be, one poster recently stated it only made a small percentage discount when they quoted with full NCD and no NCD 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback