Pip renewal

Options
Hi all, my wife claims pip for various reasons and life long implants that immobilised her head and neck and has been awarded enhanced mobility and 1 point of enhanced living when first applied.

She had a renewal in August 23, I filled in the forms for her with her assistance and sent the form back within the deadline and put changes as her health has decided and now needs to use cpap machine for severe obstructive sleep apnea. 

We had a message saying they have received the form.

Since August we have chased it up a few times.

However we have now had a letter on 6/3/24 saying we still have your form, we have not actioned it yet and we will read it at some point over 2024 but if not we will extend for another 12 months until 2025.

It says if there are any changes these must be reported immediately, however we believe we have reported these in August last year.

If she is awarded enhanced living for these changes would it be back dated to August last year or not?

Getting through on the phone takes ages and we just get a reply of we will review it when we can.

What action should we take or do we just wait?

Thank you

Comments

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all, my wife claims pip for various reasons and life long implants that immobilised her head and neck and has been awarded enhanced mobility and 1 point of enhanced living when first applied.

She had a renewal in August 23, I filled in the forms for her with her assistance and sent the form back within the deadline and put changes as her health has decided and now needs to use cpap machine for severe obstructive sleep apnea. 

We had a message saying they have received the form.

Since August we have chased it up a few times.

However we have now had a letter on 6/3/24 saying we still have your form, we have not actioned it yet and we will read it at some point over 2024 but if not we will extend for another 12 months until 2025.

It says if there are any changes these must be reported immediately, however we believe we have reported these in August last year.

If she is awarded enhanced living for these changes would it be back dated to August last year or not?

Getting through on the phone takes ages and we just get a reply of we will review it when we can.

What action should we take or do we just wait?

Thank you
     A renewal usually gives a new higher award from the date of their assessment so no back pay 
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

No.  The difference is, this was just a routine review.  Whereas if you/your wife had proactively phoned up to report a change, then any increase would (as far as I'm aware) be backdated.
    That's also probably one major factor in why there's no urgency on their side, because the system assumes that if there were any changes you'd have requested a reassessment rather than waiting for the review. 

(I know the reality of why people don't risk poking the bear, and the toll the whole process can take - I'm currently enduring the health consequences of doing the forms for my own PIP review - but just explaining the difference between review vs change of circs.)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback