PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Saturday 09 March 2024

Options
2»

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,699 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lovely to see you posting NAN. Here's hoping for a quick and uneventful recovery. And do as you are told and let the family look after you for a change.xx

Today was a change of plan (or should I say my no plan!)  DS ran g to see if I fancied changing my shopping morning to today instead of tomorrow. Either day ok to me so today it was! But crikey how cold it was out there.. I think weatherwise we are going backwards!  Everywhere was much busier than I expected too but I saw the reason why when everybody I saw was carrying bouquets, plants, chocs etc. for their mums! , x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nan, glad it went well apart from the stats being wobbly, got my fingers and legs crossed for you
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,088 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just arrived back from my Glasgow trip and wanted to say 'welcome home' to Nan, it's lovely to see you back posting. Now, do as you are being told!

@Suffolksue - I had a new hip in November 2019 whilst staying with my very ill and frail DM, I may as well have beeen living alone but I had to care for her too. I'd say, do all the exercises you're told to.  

Get a toilet seat extension (higher), get a grabber and have slip on everything as bending is very difficult for a few weeks.  I practiced putting on knickers with the grabber before hand. I also bought a sock aid which was great, it's a bit odd looking but extremely useful.  You will need to be able to climb stairs before let out, take your time on them (if you have them). I put a stool in the shower cabin and stuck on removable grab handles.

The worse part was having to sleep on my back for six weeks, it's not a natural or comfortable position which I hated. However, it's all for the good of your hip.
  • weenancyinAmerica
    weenancyinAmerica Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you are home Nanny. Take it easy for  awhile. And Suffolksue - I will be thinking about you and sending hugs your way. I think that arranging things at home is the hard part of surgery personally. My roommates are hopeless.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback