Money transfer card and spending

Options
Sncjw
Sncjw Posts: 3,510 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Hi

I'm looking to use the money transfer facility on my barclaycard as it's the best rate for the fee of the cards I have but the problem is we are going on holiday. We use this card to pay for excursions and to withdraw cash if we need it. We pay it off in full when we come back after the statement date so we aren't charged interestm 

Would this affect the money transfer side?.
Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

Comments

• CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You need to check the T&Cs carefully.
    With most cards, if you don't pay off the full balance then purchases will attract interest as they normally do - for this reason, it's always advised to never spend on a MT or BT card.  For example, if you've got a MT already on there of £2000 and spend £10 on it, you need to repay £2010 to avoid interest.
    However - and this is where you need to check your individual T&Cs - I think that Barclaycard is one of the few that "separate" the MT and spending - meaning you just need to clear the spending (plus probably the minimum towards the MT, but again check) and you'll be fine.
    Please check for yourself, as even different cards from the same provider will have different T&Cs, but this is my understanding.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback