IVA issues 10 years later....

Options
Flick216
Flick216 Posts: 8,955 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi all,

In March 2012 I had an IVA that was fully paid off in April 2013 (my father died and I had an inheritance)

Since then, the company I had the IVA with were bought out.

I have recently applied for a remortgage only to find out that the Sole Proprietor restriction is still on the title deed.

I have called the company who bought the original IP and they have proved unhelpful (and rude). I have tracked down the person I originally dealt with and left a message - but I just can't seem to find anyone to speak to who will help me get this sorted.

I am assuming (given the £7800 fee I paid) that this should have been sorted after completion?

Can anyone give me some advice - should I just go and pay a solicitor to have this restriction removed? I feel I should not have to pay to get this done now as it should have been dealt with already.

Thanks
ENFP - Assertive
Officially in a clique of idiots
Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,514 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Can you tell us what the text of the restriction is? This may be one for @Land_Registry
  • Flick216
    Flick216 Posts: 8,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No disposition by a sole proprietor of teh registered estate (except a trust corporation) under which capital money arises is to be registered unless authorised by an order of the court.

I have managed to speak to Land Registry and have completed the forms - I just need to send them off.

I wanted to check that the IP should have done this following completion?

ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family