Nat West

Options
Hi. I'm looking some information regarding Nat West Credit Card. I have recently applied and signed the pre contract agreement. I have pass all ID checks. I have received an email to tell me they my credit card will be ready soon and they will contact me when it is posted. That info came on Monday and U have heard nothing since. I have been able to log onto the Nat West App and add the card to my Google wallet. When I select "see pin", it is tell me they are doing a few more checks and will be updated soon.
Has anyone experienced this before? Do you think they will bow retract on the credit they have offered me? I'm heading on holidays next week and I'm a bit anxious about the way the process is going. Can anyone update me? Many Thanks

Comments

• CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 March at 3:39PM
    Options
    It's almost certainly nothing to worry about.
    Judeboy12 said:
    I have been able to log onto the Nat West App and add the card to my Google wallet.
    This would indicate that the account has been set up.  In terms of receiving the physical card, bear in mind that almost all banks employ a third-party to physically make and post out their cards.  So it's not at all unusual for there to be a slight delay whilst your card is created and sent out - on top of which, you need to allow for any delay within the Royal Mail system itself.  Also remember that the letter containing your PIN will arrive separately from the physical card, for security reasons.
    Judeboy12 said:
    Do you think they will bow retract on the credit they have offered me?
    It's possible, I guess, but highly unlikely.  They'll have already done all the checks they need to, and wouldn't have activated the online account if there were any issues.
    Judeboy12 said:
    I'm heading on holidays next week and I'm a bit anxious about the way the process is going.
    Now this is an area I know nothing about, being an old dinosaur who always uses physical cards rather than a phone to pay for things.  But if you've loaded to card to your Google wallet, does that mean you'll still be able to use it for purchases, even if you haven't got the physical card?  If so then there shouldn't be an issue.

• Judeboy12
    Judeboy12 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you CliveofIndia for the information you gave me. One last thing, I signed the pre contract agreement during the application stage. Does anything else need signed now? Or is that it?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback