Widowed parents allowance claim

Options
Keep reading about successful backdated claims but I sent mine to Government department last September and have still to be notified of outcome. Anyone else never had a reply after sending in their claim?? 

Comments

• Dorothys_slipper
    Dorothys_slipper Posts: 14 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I applied at the end of July. I've rang them so many times and am just finding it stressful at this point. I keep being told they don't know. I was told a few weeks, then end of the year, then the new year. Still nothing.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i'd suggest following up with your MP and asking them to intervene to get a decision from the DWP.

Re "I keep being told they don't know"
    I'd also suggest contacting your local advice agency with the exact details and your circumstances, and getting their view of possible backdating. Then you will know whether it's worth appealing a negative DWP decision.

Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Dorothys_slipper
    Options
    Thank you. I've contacted my MP because I applied in July and they still haven't let me know. My MP has said they'll get back to me when they hear something. I'm starting to find it a bit cruel to be honest to be left in limbo for almost 8 months. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback