Private seller. can you mass change your despatch time?

Options
sold item Saturday (2nd) evening. posted Monday (4th) AM. posted tracked 48. i have 2 day handling set.

if i click on the order details link it states "Estimated delivery date shown to buyer: 5 Mar 2024 - 6 Mar 2024"

if i click on the tracking link it says "
Running behind, original estimate was Mon 4 Mar - Tue 5 Mar".

how are either even possible but to be "running late"?

i'm thinking of changing to 3 day handling even though i post almost every item same or following day. i have over 100 listings can this to changed en-masse?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,312 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It depends on which view of ebay they have put you on, on mine I have to go into my seller options > postage policies and change each one to the new despatch times. It is not logical at all and takes ages if you have a lot of postage policies.

The ebay estimates are absolutely  ridiculous , like you I often have estimated delivery times that start within my allowed despatch time.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • misterthrifty
    misterthrifty Posts: 478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should be able to bulk edit your dispatch times (your screen may be different). From the selling page open your current listings and highlight all of them then select 'edit' at the top. They open in the edit screen, select them all then click the 'bulk edit' box and find 'dispatch time' you can choose. I post most of mine the next day but a have a dispatch time of 4 days because of the un-realist delivery times. I often wait till the next day before showing the item as posted which gives a bit more room.
  • soolin
    Options
    You should be able to bulk edit your dispatch times (your screen may be different). From the selling page open your current listings and highlight all of them then select 'edit' at the top. They open in the edit screen, select them all then click the 'bulk edit' box and find 'dispatch time' you can choose. I post most of mine the next day but a have a dispatch time of 4 days because of the un-realist delivery times. I often wait till the next day before showing the item as posted which gives a bit more room.
    That stopped working on mine a couple of years back when mine switched to the new view and I can only change mine via the postage policies which is an absolute pain. EBay seriously need to do something about the estimated delivery times they are getting silly. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,655 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 March at 10:32AM
    Options
    soolin said:
    That stopped working on mine a couple of years back when mine switched to the new view and I can only change mine via the postage policies which is an absolute pain. EBay seriously need to do something about the estimated delivery times they are getting silly. 
    You can opt out of the business policies feature :) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/business-policies/business-policies?id=4212

under the FAQ "What happens if I want to opt out of business policies?"

Postage policies works if you have thousands of listings with only a small number of different options covering your products, i.e you only sell birthday cards and everything is sent as a letter.

If you have a wide variety of sizes, weights, couriers then it's probably easier to do each listing one by one. 
  • soolin
    Options
    soolin said:
    You can opt out of the business policies feature :) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/business-policies/business-policies?id=4212

under the FAQ "What happens if I want to opt out of business policies?"

Postage policies works if you have thousands of listings with only a small number of different options covering your products, i.e you only sell birthday cards and everything is sent as a letter.

If you have a wide variety of sizes, weights, couriers then it's probably easier to do each listing one by one. 
    Ebay don't like me- mine just kept coming back and every time the business policies came back I had to start from scratch - which is infuriating.

I'm tempted to try opting out again and seeing if any glitch has resolved itself and I can stay opted out!
  • soolin
    Options
    I'm just leaving feedback for my purchases and noticed this EDD for an item 
    Estimated delivery Friday 8 Mar
    I bought that item Tuesday lunchtime, seller has a 2 day despatch and uses RM48 so it doesn't even need to be posted until today.

Also it is strange as that is the entire EDD, all the rest give a range of dates, the purchase below it for instance shows

Dispatched: Est. delivery Wed 6 Mar - Sat 9 Mar

• the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,655 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 March at 1:05PM
    Options
    soolin said:
    I'm just leaving feedback for my purchases and noticed this EDD for an item 
    Estimated delivery Friday 8 Mar
    I bought that item Tuesday lunchtime, seller has a 2 day despatch and uses RM48 so it doesn't even need to be posted until today.

Also it is strange as that is the entire EDD, all the rest give a range of dates, the purchase below it for instance shows

Dispatched: Est. delivery Wed 6 Mar - Sat 9 Mar

I think if you offer 2 day dispatch and RM48 but dispatch after 1 day eBay cuts the "unused" day of your dispatch time from the ETA and goes off the courier time based upon when you posted.

Basically if you extend your dispatch time to cover yourself but then post early eBay are now one step ahead of you.

Although that may vary depending upon whether or not you upload tracking. One thing I liked about Etsy was you can mark as dispatched but note you are posting in the future, Etsy will then send the dispatch email on the day you've said you are going to dispatch.  

I know we've spoke on this before :) but for private sellers I still can't see any problems for getting late delivery blobs, the dashboard suggests it only affects Top Rated status, which you can't get as a private seller.

As a business you obviously want Top Rated if you can but again the blobs don't appear to drag you into below standard.

I guess you could get low stars for dispatch (as in the out of 5 for the 4 criteria when buyers leave feedback) but I don't think they affect seller evaluation these days?

I have a blob where buyer says late delivery, ETA 7th-8th and parcel was delivered on the 7th.... 

soolin said:
    Ebay don't like me- mine just kept coming back and every time the business policies came back I had to start from scratch - which is infuriating.

I'm tempted to try opting out again and seeing if any glitch has resolved itself and I can stay opted out!
    I think the older accounts are the more glitches that get stuck in the system, I have 2 eBay accounts and one of them I rarely have to sign in, the other I am constantly requested to do so. 

I would say ask CS but they'll send to a back office team and that'll probably be the last you hear from anyone.... 
  • soolin
    edited 7 March at 1:41PM
    Options
    On my private account I'm in at the moment (making use of the totally free selling) if I go to my dashboard and check my status and start opening all the extra info I can see 

Current seller level

Above Standard
    As of 20 Feb, 2024

below that it shows all my levels, including late despatch 

It does show a defect rate- and whilst it is less than 1% on my 'lates' (which I object to!) it could be read that it affects my level - and on other more lively boards private sellers are seeing themselves drop below 'above standard' and losing out on FVF days, and such like.

This is not one of my oldest accounts, and I agree that they all seem different, this one only dates to 2011.

I think as usual with ebay, a lot of their rules are either made up on the spot, or completely arbitrary, depending on what mood they are in. 
  • soolin
    edited 7 March at 1:43PM
    Options
    Even this explanation from ebay doesn't entirely explain it - and rather skirts round what it actually means for a private seller

Seller standards policy | eBay

although it does say this

A high late delivery rate on its own won't cause your account to be evaluated as Below Standard, but a low rate is required for Top Rated status.

but then I don't trust ebay to stick to their own rules!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback