Safety rules

Options
I am knitting soft toys and dolls clothes which I would like to sell at a craft fair. I have been told there are safety regulations that have to be followed and a certification. Is this true?

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,843 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you read through this to see if it applies ?
    Toys (Safety) Regulations 2011: Great Britain - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) 
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 March at 5:37PM
    Options
    I dont know the exact regulations but I work in a charity shop and we are not allowed to sell any hand knitted toy items which are donated. We cant accept any hand knitted baby clothes or blankets. Something to do with the content of the wool used, it has to be labelled correctly and of course hand knitted items dont have the correct labelling. 
    There is also something about the flammable content of the wool.

Any toys which are hand knitted to sell must have a CE label on them but this will change after Dec 24 and be superseded by some other lettering. 
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,696 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am knitting soft toys and dolls clothes which I would like to sell at a craft fair. I have been told there are safety regulations that have to be followed and a certification. Is this true?
    Ask the person who told you to point you to the legislation to which they are referring. That should clarify things.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback