IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Completing the directions Questionnaire (DCB legal)

Options
Hi all, 

I have read through the Newbies thread regarding the process with DCB legal and had some further questions. Grateful for any clarifications you can offer. 

I submitted my defence using the template offered and the court has confirmed that they recieved it. They have now sent me a directions questionnaire and DCB legal have sent me their completed form and also offered to settle. 

I have the following questions: 

1. The instructions say that all parties have to recieve my completed questionnaire. Do I have to send a copy to DCB legal, or do I just send it to the court and they will forward it on? 

2. At what point do I submit my personal statement and supporting evidence? Will this be after the questionnaires are completed by both parties and recieved by the court? 

3. After submitting the questionnaire, how long should I wait before getting an update from the court? I am regularly checking Mcol, but would like to know what time lines to expect. 

Thank you for all your help. 

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 March at 8:19PM
    Options
    Please keep all questions about one parking incident to a single thread. Starting a new thread every time you think of a question is no way to go about it - we have no context/background.
    Perhaps you could/should hit the Report button below your post and ask MSE Forum Team to merge your threads.

Now to your questions...

1. The instructions say that all parties have to recieve my completed questionnaire. Do I have to send a copy to DCB legal, or do I just send it to the court and they will forward it on? 
    The last line on the last page of your Directions Questionnaire states...
    2. At what point do I submit my personal statement and supporting evidence? Will this be after the questionnaires are completed by both parties and recieved by the court? 
    Yes, after that.
    Your case will be transferred to a hearing court and you will then be invited/instructed to file and serve a witness statement and evidence.
    Isn't this explained in the second post of the NEWBIES thread?

3. After submitting the questionnaire, how long should I wait before getting an update from the court? I am regularly checking Mcol, but would like to know what time lines to expect. 
    That is more difficult to answer. Depends on the individual court and it's workload, amongst other things.
    May get heard this year... but it may not.
    Make sure you blank out holidays etc when completing your DQ.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback