IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charges

Options
I received two Parking Charges from Smart Parking Ltd. Now I have letters from DRP, and most recently CST unpaid debt - reminder notice instructed by DRP as the agent of Smart Parking.  So two letters from CST at current escalation.

Both tickets issued upheld by POPLA, payment was made for £1.85 for each occasion but because the payment was not received by them until the following day on both occasions, the tickets were issued as I left the car park, so they happy to keep any money i sent them plus issuing a charge.  So I'm stung with two charges at £170 each

Should I pay or continue not paying. It's probably the moat ridiculous thing I've come across in my entire 38 years .

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ensor86 said:
    I received two Parking Charges from Smart Parking Ltd. Now I have letters from DRP, and most recently CST unpaid debt - reminder notice instructed by DRP as the agent of Smart Parking.  So two letters from CST at current escalation.

Both tickets issued upheld by POPLA, payment was made for £1.85 for each occasion but because the payment was not received by them until the following day on both occasions, the tickets were issued as I left the car park, so they happy to keep any money i sent them plus issuing a charge.  So I'm stung with two charges at £170 each

Should I pay or continue not paying. It's probably the moat ridiculous thing I've come across in my entire 38 years .
    Obviously you don't pay Smart Parking.

Scotland or England/Wales?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback