IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Atlip Centre Wembly Car Parking ticket - getting it cancelled

Options
I received a ticket from this completely scam company. I appealed to the UKCPM. I got acknowledgement of the appeal, but didnt receive any result of appeal, only later to receive a Debt Recovery notice. 

The crafty schemers sent the Debt notice well after my appeal date. When I tried to take it to the Independent Appeal Service, they dismissed it as the time window following the Appeals decision had lapsed.  They then escalated their harassment with a solicitor firm sending me a PreAction Protocol. 

Anyway, following advice of people on this forum, I contested and eventually had the ticket cancelled by contacting the owner of the Atlip Centre:  Brasier Freeth (you can google the company find contact email).

I made clear the UKCPM were harrassing me, and giving a bad name to the landowners. I was fully prepared to defend their claim at court which would fail due to:

1. The ANPR is located at the entrance of the Atlip ROAD, not at the entrance to the car park. The images they send as evidence do not show the car parked in the car park, nor the car even entering the car park. They simply show a car on the road. So the ticket is therefore inaccurate as a matter of fact and therefore invalid (as the so called photographic “evidence” does not conform to the alledged offence of parking). 

2. The signage in the car park doesn't comply with legal requirements. There are NO terms and conditions that are easily visible BEFORE entering the car park (and neither outside Atlip Road where the ANPR cameras are actually located).  Furthermore the very small and limited signage is only visible from one side, and does not state no parking nor has T&Cs at the entrance, etc 

3. They had failed to follow their own appeals process.

The company replied, and after a few exchanges, agreed to close the case with a nominal £15 for admin (which I accepted).

Hope this helps anyone else trapped by these scammers.

Comments

• DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 1,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Interesting that the cameras are outside the car park - are they on the actual road ? If so perhaps the council need to know and I doubt they got permission to do so...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,715 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice!  Could you add that contact detail to SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS AGAINST PPCS please? More people will see it there.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done but why you paid for their admin charges when the landowner cancelled it and the PPC were at fault is a bit of a poser?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback