PIP renewal. When?

Options
I’m 3 year PIP award ends 08/02/25. Last time my renewal was awarded just off the form I returned. 

Does anyone know what sort of time scale it might be before I get the renewal letter? 

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,769 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 March at 2:37PM
    Options
    They aim to review in the final year of the award but it may be closer to 6 months from end of award before you get review paperwork due to the backlogs. Other members may have more recent knowledge of specifically current expectations on that timing.

If during the review you approach end of award and they haven't concluded review then they should extend the award a year pending the review decision.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My current award ends in September (not been extended, I double checked the date) and they sent me a text to say they'd started the review in January.  Form arrived and deadlines were in Feb, both original and with the two week extension.
  • Muttleythefrog
    edited 1 March at 5:37PM
    Options
    My current award ends in September (not been extended, I double checked the date) and they sent me a text to say they'd started the review in January.  Form arrived and deadlines were in Feb, both original and with the two week extension.
    Looks similar timeline to me... received my review form 1/4/2023 with award end date 19/11/2023.
    (award extended 12 months in letter received 23/10/23 but review decision taken on 22/12/23 with new award that replaced it)
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,968 Forumite
    Options
    Mine ends at end of June. On 30th Oct 2023 I had a text to say my review had started and to expect the form in the next 2 weeks, which arrived about 10 days later. I returned the form after receiving a 2 week extension and had a text on 12th December saying they received the form. Not heard anything since. 
  • Muttleythefrog
    Options
    Looks like 8 months before end award in the 3 examples here then.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Looks like 8 months before end award in the 3 examples here then.
    Yes, it's been that way for quite some time. 
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,428 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine ends at end of June. On 30th Oct 2023 I had a text to say my review had started and to expect the form in the next 2 weeks, which arrived about 10 days later. I returned the form after receiving a 2 week extension and had a text on 12th December saying they received the form. Not heard anything since. 
    Yes, very similar timescales to mine. Had a 2 week extension and form returned on 18th December. Heard nothing since.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My renewal date is the 26/08/24 and I haven't had any form yet. I believe according to some reports that they are extending the awards by up to a year, but if at the review you are not granted PIP then some are saying that the DWP are requesting the PIP that was paid after the original renewal date has to be repaid to the DWP.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,475 Forumite
    Options
    wild666 said:
    My renewal date is the 26/08/24 and I haven't had any form yet. I believe according to some reports that they are extending the awards by up to a year, but if at the review you are not granted PIP then some are saying that the DWP are requesting the PIP that was paid after the original renewal date has to be repaid to the DWP.
    That may depend on when your claim started, length & any renewal due. As many got extended due to Covid.

So any claims after Covid may get pushed back, while they work their way through all the covid delayed ones.

Life in the slow lane
  • poppy12345
    Options
    wild666 said:
    What date does your award end? In the decision letters it will tell you to expect a review anytime "after" X date. Usually review forms are sent out about 8 months before your award is due to end. 

Closer to the time that your award is due to end, if a decision isn't made by then your award will be extended by 12 months. If you then go onto to be refused, you will not owe any money to them but your award will then end. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback