Potential switch offers (Barclays).

I am aware that Barclays had a switch offer in Oct/Nov last year, but don't know if this was the latest in a regular series.......have they had many similar offers in the recent past?

Reason I ask is I'm almost out of options for switching, other than online type banks, Barclays are the last man standing, BUT I do a fair few mystery shops for them (today was one as a non customer) and these pay £25-30 a shot, so if I can open a new current account it would pay dividends almost immediately, just not £175/200.

So I'm weighing up the bird in the hand scenario. I appreciate its a crystal ball job but if they do have history I might (might) wait a while.

Comments

• danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think that was their first one since 2019, I don't remember any since then. I can't see them doing another one anytime soon, they really made a mess of the most recent one.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I think that was their first one since 2019, I don't remember any since then. I can't see them doing another one anytime soon, they really made a mess of the most recent one.
    Agree with this, Barclays haven't done these very often, so don't hold your breath.
  • Fab, thanks both!
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Quite bold predictions in here.

They've held switching offers of some variety every year since 2018, with the exception of 2020 (no prizes for guessing why). For a couple of years the only offers were for the Premier account (which requires a salary of £75k or above to be paid in).

I certainly wouldn't bet against another offer this year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback