Balance transfer

Options
I have just taken a 0% card with a well known high st bank. I also have another card with them which isn't interest free. Can i transfer the balance from that card onto a 0% card with a different provider, then in a couple of months transfer the amount back onto my new 0% card??? The 0% card with the different provider is up in May. TIA

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 February at 8:38AM
    Options
    As long as they're from different issuers and you have the headroom, yes.

However, I wouldn't wait a couple of months. Minimise the window for issues to occur.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,599 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I don’t see why you can’t do that. It involves 2 BT fees though presumably. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You could do it minutes later, doesn't have to be months later, but you will be paying double fees
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 February at 9:56AM
    Options
    As per the previous replies, yes you can - as long as the cards are with different providers (also remember that you can't usually transfer between cards that are part of the same "group", so it's worth just checking that as well).
    willow_72 said:
    The 0% card with the different provider is up in May.
    Just check that you can still do a BT to this card.  Some cards will let you do a BT at any point during the promotional period, but some will only allow a BT to be made within the first 90 days (or some other specified period) of account opening.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback