Anglesey things to do

Options
We have just booked a holiday in September in Anglesey, North Wales, just wondering if anyone has any ideas what to do in the area? We will have a car so will be able to get out and about on the island and mainland, just looking for recommendations really.
Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"

Comments

• XzavierWalnut
    XzavierWalnut Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Trearddur bay is beautiful. Make sure you check out the smaller bays to the left of the large main one.
    Beaumaris is worth a look as well.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,527 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If the weather is good there are plenty of beaches and countryside walks.

Beaumaris is a pleasant town
    Melin Llynon windmill
    Halen Mon sea salt
    RAF Valley for aircraft watching Mon-Fri.

Off island

Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon)
    Caernarfon
    Welsh Highland Railway trips

• amanda1024
    amanda1024 Posts: 409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Sea Zoo is fun, and Beaumaris Castle
  • XzavierWalnut
    XzavierWalnut Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Not far on the mainland is the worlds fastest zip wire.
  • LightFlare
    LightFlare Posts: 544 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    All great suggestions.

Genuine question though (not just the OP) — why do people book to go to places and then ask what’s to do.

I always look at what’s to do when trying to decide where to book (maybe I’m the odd one)
  • FIREDreamer
    FIREDreamer Posts: 327 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Pili Palas - Butterfly Zoo
  • Sapindus
    Sapindus Posts: 392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All great suggestions.

Genuine question though (not just the OP) — why do people book to go to places and then ask what’s to do.

I always look at what’s to do when trying to decide where to book (maybe I’m the odd one)
    I suppose you can find information about things to do but then not be sure how good they really are and want recommendations from others, and don't trust Trip Advisor.

We went during Covid just after Wales re-opened from the first lockdown. There was a fab ice cream place in Beaumaris.  And we love ancient history so there were some very interesting sites for that.  And there is a place called Parys Mountain where you can walk through old copper quarries which doesn't sound up to much and I had trouble levering the teenagers out of the car to go and look, but within about ten minutes it was getting comments of "this is the most amazing place I've never seen anything like it!"  It's like landing on alien planet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback