Paying credit agreement off

Options
Hi, I have a credit agreement, or loan, with Tabeo for a company who went bankrupt (Smile Direct Club).
My refund request was rejected by Tabeo which was initially a complaint due to not receiving the service. Thousands of people are in the same boat.

If I pay the remainder of my loan off with a credit card - will I be protected? And would I be able to raise a dispute with my credit card company to say I didn't receive the service?

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    1) Yes and 2) no. You always raise the dispute with the original creditor, with whom you retain your rights.

But you won't be able to pay your loan off with a credit card.

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,854 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi, I have a credit agreement, or loan, with Tabeo for a company who went bankrupt (Smile Direct Club).
    My refund request was rejected by Tabeo which was initially a complaint due to not receiving the service. Thousands of people are in the same boat.

If I pay the remainder of my loan off with a credit card - will I be protected? And would I be able to raise a dispute with my credit card company to say I didn't receive the service?

I wouldn't be paying tabeo a penny, you obviously have not and won't ever get the service you paid for. I would be making a complaint to the organisation that covers banking? Can't remember their name? 
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would not pay off the loan & definitely not with a CC. Even if you could (odds on not) you would be looking at this being classed as a cash transaction..

I suggest OP looks in Consumer rights section as there is a long running thread on this.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure