Credit card balance transfer

Options
I applied for a balance transfer which was accepted. New card arrived with the amount requested. However my old card still holds the full balance. The new bank hsbc transferred money to wrong bank details not my old credit card provider. Spoken to both banks but taking ages to resolve. I don't understand how this can happen when my card details entered were all correct. Help! 

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There's nothing we can do to help.

You need to just stay on top of HSBC to make sure they recall the funds and send it to the right place.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do you know they sent them to the wrong provider? 

Whenever I have applied for a card either doing a BT or doing a BT onto an existing card with an offer, I put the card numbers in and send it. Are you saying you are 100% (with proof like a screenshot) you did this correctly but the HSBC system somehow changed them to send them somewhere else? If so, do a formal complaint as you'll probably get some compensation for their mistake which may cover interest being paid as a result of the BT not working.
  • kthompson753
    Options
    HSBC told me the money had gone to a different provider. However after saying it was my mistake have since declared it was a human error at their end and are now sorting it. They could not have been more apologetic and have given 200 pounds compensation.. It has been so stressful and upsetting but now I'm relieved it's finally resolved. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback