CCJ

Options
Hi can anyone help?

In 2019 i lost my fiance and had to sell our home. i rented it back for a few months before finally leaving. My landlady said she would take over the energy bills so i gave her the final reading. As i was still walking around in a bubble i didn't contact the energy company to say i was moving. Stupid of me i know.
A year later i had a debt collection company write to my new address stating that they were working on behalf of EON to collect the debit.

I rang the debit company immediately saying that i had moved out of the property on said date and i emailed them all the paperwork requested.

I heard no more from them.

6 months later i was checking my bank online and viewed my credit score only to see i had ccjs on it. I was 2 days out of the cut off point, to avoid them going on my credit score.

I rang EON immediately and paid the balance £279 asking why the debit collection company did not come back to me before it went to court. EON said they did not know why. 
I asked why EON had also not contacted me to ask for the money in the first place and they said they did not have an up to date phone number for me. 
I asked how they could email me lots of promotional junk mail but not to say i owe them money. Again they apologised and said they did not know why.

I contacted the court to ask if there was anything that could be done after i explained all the above, only to be told 'NO!'

Is there anything i can do as this is having a huge impact on my credit score and i have never had a bad score ever before?

I am kicking myself for my stupidity but i was so full of grief that my head was in the clouds.

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure