Revolut UK transferred funds to HSBC UK (DEBIT) charged a fee

Options
 I transferred £15 to my friend from my revolut card UK to her HSBC UK debit account. However she only got £14.83. and it seems like HSBC UK took a fee. Why is this?

Comments

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,232 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Debit account.   Did you mean current account? 
  • RKO1
    RKO1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hoenir said:
    Debit account.   Did you mean current account? 
    Apologies yes
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,871 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you transfer it using Faster Payments (sort code and account number), or did you give Revolut their 16 digit card number? I believe Revolut levy a small fee for transfers where you use the card number.
  • RKO1
    RKO1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    TheBanker said:
    Did you transfer it using Faster Payments (sort code and account number), or did you give Revolut their 16 digit card number? I believe Revolut levy a small fee for transfers where you use the card number.
    I went via contacts and sent them a request
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    RKO1 said:
    TheBanker said:
    I went via contacts and sent them a request
    If your pal had a Revolut account then the transfer from yours to theirs would have been fee-free. The fee levied depends on how your pal decided to receive the cash. A personal faster payment (where you have the account number etc) is also free.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    RKO1 said:
     I transferred £15 to my friend from my revolut card UK to her HSBC UK debit account. However she only got £14.83. and it seems like HSBC UK took a fee. Why is this?
    It's almost certainly Revolut that's charged you - using debit or credit cards incurs costs and probably passed it on.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback