Regular Investing

I am looking to start doing some regular investing. Something I can start now and in 10-15 years check in on and finally get that dream trip to USA. I know I can get back less than I put in.

I would only be looking to put something like £100 at most into it and hope that overtime this turns into something nice.

i would prefer to go direct to the fund provider so bonus points if someone can point out a fund or two to that allows me to invest directly with the provider.

the reason for investing directly is that I have no interest in investing elsewhere I already invest in stocks elsewhere and want to have this out of sight out of mind.

Open to suggestions 

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,611 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Vanguard offer something like this, you can only buy their funds but that sounds like what you want. If you put it inside an ISA you'll be able to grow the money tax free
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    2nd vote for Vanguard, low percentage fees mean on small pots (which yours will be for a few years) means low management fee. Then as long as you accept next day buy they charge no trading fee. With others it’s typically £5 per trade so you would be 5% down on every investment each month before starting. 
  • InvesterJones
    InvesterJones Posts: 702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 February at 9:25AM
    MX5huggy said:
    With others it’s typically £5 per trade so you would be 5% down on every investment each month before starting. 
    Depends on the platform - many only charge per trade if it's an exchange traded fund, but no reason to restrict yourself to those.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback