Advice needed, which Isa provider you would go for?

francoghezzi
francoghezzi Posts: 92 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 25 February at 9:58PM in Savings & investments
On the verge of opening an Isa: in the last 3-4 years I managed my savings opening positions according to the best rates on the market and in April I will be looking around to open my first Isa. I like the Zopa pots, and even Coventry looks quite interesting although not always offering top-of-the-market rates. Are there any other providers you would go for according to your experience ? I know there will be changes next months. Am I allowed to open different positions with different providers (cash or fixed rate) as long as I don't put more than the 20K am entitled to every year? Happy to know your thoughts although I agree that a lot depends on personal circumstances. I have positions with Lloyds, Fd, Nationwide, Rbs, Skipton, Coventry, Zopa, and other building societies mostly for Regular Savers and Fixed Rates account

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,262 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If I were to use a cash ISA at all, I would go with the one offering the best rate at that time. And yes, you can open different cash ISAs in order to spread your £20k allowance between them from the beginning of the next tax year.
  • gail5863
    gail5863 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 February at 11:47PM
    We have cash ISAs and use this website for guidance on the rates - https://savingschampion.co.uk/best-buys/personal/easy-access-cash-isas 
    We have opted for 1 year fix with Shawbrook Bank at 5.8% but that one is no longer available. Just check the tables and see who offers the best deals but keep an eye on the restrictions and then use Trustpilot for reviews on your preferred provider. Some allow money to be transferred from other ISAs and some don’t so read the rules carefully. Coventry is good BS, have savings also with Santander, and also Yorkshire BS, Gatehouse have some good rates. Paragon, Cynergy are fine too. Just make sure you stay under the £85k for the financial compensation scheme, Zopa is fine too but have gone off the boil a bit with their rates lately. 

All I all, you can’t go wrong with the Coventry…..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback