Can't open Pockit pre-paid card account

Options
I wanted to open a Pockit account to get an account with several prepaid cards so that I could transfer money easily between family members. I've gone through the initial pages with my name, address, job, but got a message that 'Unfortunately we were unable to open an account for you at this stage'. It's completely thrown me - I'm a UK citizen, self-employed, in same house with a mortgage for 20 years, a bank account and credit card with no arrears for the last 30 years, a mobile phone contract, a small car loan that I'm paying off no problems. I can't understand why they wouldn't give me a pre-paid card! Does anyone have any ideas what might have gone wrong?? Do you think it would be worth contacting them?

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't know the answer to your question, but is it really worth paying £2 p.m.  for transferring "money easily between family members"? Plus for withdrawals, transfers out etc.
  • arielsmelody
    arielsmelody Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, I know there is a charge but I want to have an account with separate cards which three adult family members can use independently, which isn't easy to find.
  • grumbler
    edited 25 February at 6:44PM
    Options
    Forgive me for stating the obvious, but you did consider a CC, didn't you?

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 25 February at 7:02PM
    Options
    Yes, I know there is a charge but I want to have an account with separate cards which three adult family members can use independently, which isn't easy to find.
    Is that a option?
    As they mention a additional card, but only one.

Do you not all have normal bank accounts?
    Life in the slow lane
  • grumbler
    Options
    Is that a option?
    As they mention a additional card, but only one.

Your Pockit account can have up to three additional cards.
    You can choose from shared balance or separate balances.
    https://www.pockit.com/card/additional-cards.html

• arielsmelody
    Options
    I wanted this account because I've got power of attorney for my mum, so I wanted to be able to load it with some money and then if any of us did her shopping for her I'd have a record of what was spent all neatly in one place without having to worry about credit limits or linked finances. I used to have exactly this with someone else, but the provider has shut down. I think I must have messed up the application form for Pockit somehow - I was waiting for a code by text that took over an hour to arrive, so I started the form twice and maybe that looked like fraud. Anyway, looks like that plan isn't going to work now so I'll have to think again.
  • emperormessia
    Options
    Get a credit card add additional card holder done, if you are looking for transferring money only have you considered wise, Cashplus, and Maybe HyperJar consider pockit doing you a favour with all the fees they come up with it saw in your last comment you have power of attorney you can look into Barclays Bank Account as well 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback