Update of credit card info

Options
Hi all
i was always under the impression that when a credit card gets updated ( new card ) then any continues payments would still be honoured.

My zopa card got reissued in the last couple of weeks and all good.

However got a message from Smarty ( mobile network ) that my plans could not be renewed as payment info was wrong..

any advice 

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 February at 11:38AM
    Options
    AFAIK, they aren't updated automatically, but can be updated IF the company really wants the money and is prepared to do some extra job for this..
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all
    i was always under the impression that when a credit card gets updated ( new card ) then any continues payments would still be honoured.

My zopa card got reissued in the last couple of weeks and all good.

However got a message from Smarty ( mobile network ) that my plans could not be renewed as payment info was wrong..

any advice 
    Visa & Mastercard do have updater systems, but not all retailer subscribe to these.

So best to manually update Smarty with the new details.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Some card updates include a change of number.  Sometimes it's just the changed end date that causes a problem.  And then there's the 3 digit security code.... 
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Brie said:
    Some card updates include a change of number.  Sometimes it's just the changed end date that causes a problem.  And then there's the 3 digit security code.... 
    Recuring payments do not use CVV, as retailer are not allowed to store it. Big fine if they do.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure