We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

TUI online check-in?

Options
JamesNoBonds
JamesNoBonds Posts: 22 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
Hi. Has anyone flown from the UK to the EU recently with TUI?

I am wondering when (if at all) it is possible to check-in online (TUI flight - booked with TUI).

There is conflicting information. A post on this forum (from back in 2020) says it is not possible until 24 hours before your flight. However the TUI website says it is open 48 hours before and 14 days before if you have a booked seat/Premium Service.

Though my flight is in less than 48 hours and when I tried on my current booking it said:

"Sorry something went wrong, please head to the airport at the recommended time, where you will be able to check in"

Anyone else had any issues? Thanks.

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 February at 8:29AM
    Options
    Try on another device.

It’s possible that TUI wants to check your documents at check-in hence the message. 

I believe they also used to cap the number of people who could check-in on line in advance. Not sure if they still operate this rather bizarre concept but if so that might be another reason why you are struggling to check-in online at -48hr.

BTW, assuming you are flying ex U.K and not a return to U.K. flight as some overseas airports only offer airport check-in.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does the TUI app not allow this via "Manage My Booking" facility ?
    Not that I use it - our local TA (Hay's Travel) actions it all for us.
  • JamesNoBonds
    Options
    Does the TUI app not allow this via "Manage My Booking" facility ?
    Not that I use it - our local TA (Hay's Travel) actions it all for us.
    No. There is a message on the App and online that says. "Important. Some parts of your holiday cannot be amended online."

Then when I click online check-in. It says "Something went wrong, please head to the airport at the recommended time, where you will be able to check-in"

I was able to add passenger/passport information ok (that is showing the green tick),
  • JamesNoBonds
    Options

Westin said:
    Try on another device.

It’s possible that TUI wants to check your documents at check-in hence the message. 

I believe they also used to cap the number of people who could check-in on line in advance. Not sure if they still operate this rather bizarre concept but if so that might be another reason why you are struggling to check-in online at -48hr.

BTW, assuming you are flying ex U.K and not a return to U.K. flight as some overseas airports only offer airport check-in.
    Hi. I have tried on 2 laptops and also a phone (on the App) and I have also tried using a couple of VPNs.

Seems like you might be right. They seemed to have blocked online check-in for some reason. It's extra annoying as I am only taking hand luggage so was hoping to go straight through security.

Looks like TUI will be put on my flight blacklist (i.e. - only when there is zero other option). 
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As it is a general enquiry, it would be worth a call to a TUI store to get clarification, even for online reservations where applicable.
    Landline numbers are listed online when searching stores in local areas - or were last time I looked.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure