ClearScore verification questions

Options
Has anyone else recently signed up to Clearscore where they ask random verification questions like: 'you have taken out a mortgage' then they give a month and year when
 youu had supposedly opened the mortgage account even though you haven't done.
and then options to pick various mortgage lenders or none of the above.  It's really worrying as it makes you think someone has fraudulently opened an account in your name. I emailed Creditscore to query this and they said Equifax sometimes use trick questions in their verification questions as part of their security process to ensure you are who you say you are and you should just choose the answer  'none of these'.  Not impressed with that as it causes unnecessary worry

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I like it - it's more likely to weed out illicit attempts.
  • Seasalt3
    Seasalt3 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I suppose that's true but still think there could be a better way to verify someone.  It made me panic that I'd been a victim of identity fraud 

Incidently my partner passed verification without being asked any trick questions only relevant ones

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes it's normal, I had the same with Co-Op when speaking to their customer service team the first time to release a 1p transfer - thinks like when you opened a current account - just makes sure you are who you say you are as some things a fraudster wouldn't be able to predict unlike say DoB or address
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback