We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Bristol Airport lounge deals?

Options
Morning all

We’re travelling from Bristol Airport on Tuesday and they have two lounges -Escape and 1903. I’ve tried to find deals for cheap access but not much luck and I don’t have free access with any credit cards or memberships. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Comments

• NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cheap airport lounge deals are a thing of the past according to the discussions on the subject a few months past.
  • csw5780
    csw5780 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cheap airport lounge deals are a thing of the past according to the discussions on the subject a few months past.

B4 the 18/2 you could have got…
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    What is the bottom line price ?
    15% off how much ?
  • csw5780
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    15% off how much ?
    £55 so £47 
  • jimi_man
    jimi_man Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Not exactly cheap then! £47 (each I presume) buys a reasonable lunch/dinner somewhere with drinks - probably far better than you can get in a pay to use lounge. If you can’t use a lounge through status then they generally aren’t worth paying for. 
  • csw5780
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimi_man said:
    Not exactly cheap then! £47 (each I presume) buys a reasonable lunch/dinner somewhere with drinks - probably far better than you can get in a pay to use lounge. If you can’t use a lounge through status then they generally aren’t worth paying for. 
    Reasonable outside; Not at an airport!
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    edited 25 February at 4:20PM
    Options
    csw5780 said:
    15% off how much ?
    £55 so £47 
    Doesn't meet my idea of cheap - other opinions may differ of course.
    We used to get lounge access free effectively on Diners Club :) when there was no monthly membership fee.
    Long since discontinued.

• jimi_man
    jimi_man Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    csw5780 said:
    jimi_man said:
    Really? I use LHR T5 mostly and whilst I have BA status to use the lounges I have eaten in the public places before. £47 each is easily enough to get a full meal plus drinks in Wagamamas, definitely in Wetherspoons (it’s actually OK) and if you chose carefully or went for the Express menu in the Gordon Ramsey restaurant then you’d manage there too. I’m not sure what Bristol is like but I can’t imagine it being more than T5. 

I’ve used the pay lounges before when someone gave me a pass and IMO they just aren’t worth it. 

Obviously YMMV. 
  • csw5780
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimi_man said:
    csw5780 said:
    jimi_man said:
    Really? I use LHR T5 mostly and whilst I have BA status to use the lounges I have eaten in the public places before. £47 each is easily enough to get a full meal plus drinks in Wagamamas, definitely in Wetherspoons (it’s actually OK) and if you chose carefully or went for the Express menu in the Gordon Ramsey restaurant then you’d manage there too. I’m not sure what Bristol is like but I can’t imagine it being more than T5. 

I’ve used the pay lounges before when someone gave me a pass and IMO they just aren’t worth it. 

Obviously YMMV. 
    Regional airports are cashing in then!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family