We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

aph parking gatwick

Options
I am flying in may from gatwick and think its easiest to park my car there while away. Has anyone use this company before? There are several different options when searching such as car park, self park, meet and greet. All different prices. Also should i book for 3 hours before the flight and the same for the flight back 3 hours after the landing time?

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We always use APH when flying from Gatwick and find them excellent. We drive to their off airport car park and use the shuttle bus to the airport.

They ask for the time your return flight is due to land and you follow that up with a text message when you've landed. They then move your car close to the admin office so it's ready for you.

I'd say 3-3.5 hours in advance is plenty for the outward journey. We generally use easyjet and they often don't open the bag drop until about 2.5 hours before the flight. 
  • tiger135
    tiger135 Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks so any of the services ok, guess the cheapest means they park it for you, pay more to park it yourself, and more again for meet and greet, whatever that is. 
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry, can't help on the alternative services. Because we approach from the South so pass the junction where the APH car park is, it's easy for us to drop it off. You leave the car outside their office, hand in the keys and they park it for you in the large, secure car park.

I suspect it would cost more for meet and greet. It's about a 10 minute journey on the bus. They run regularly even late at night from just outside arrivals. 
  • tiger135
    Options
    would it be worth booking a hotel with parking? im only 1.5 hours drive away but the flights are early morning and come back late at night?
  • tiger135
    Options
    does anyone know which gatwick hotels you can leave the car while away for 5/6 days? stay the night each side of the holiday? 
  • jimi_man
    jimi_man Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just run a search through Holiday Extras or something. We’ve done it before at the Hilton, then you just walk to the terminal in the morning. 

Having said that I’ve not seen one that offers a stay after the holiday. Most people just want to get home. You might have to book that separately. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure