Travel Grant

Options
Quick question wrt the travel grant.

Any Travel Grant they can get will be reduced by £1 for each £8.73 of household income over £39,796.
They must pay the first £303 of their travel costs themselves.

If the income is £65k and 2 return flights are £2k total, will there be anything to claim? It's early and i haven't had a coffee yet! I seem to think we are over the threshold to claim.

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,973 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ivrytwr3 said:
    Quick question wrt the travel grant.

Any Travel Grant they can get will be reduced by £1 for each £8.73 of household income over £39,796.
    They must pay the first £303 of their travel costs themselves.

If the income is £65k and 2 return flights are £2k total, will there be anything to claim? It's early and i haven't had a coffee yet! I seem to think we are over the threshold to claim.
    First £2,887 of eligible travel grant is lost due to income, plus the £303, means that it is only worth claiming if the total is over £3,190. Unless there is further travel expected over the year and worth noting this amount as a first deduction from the allowance.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback