Solar panels? Too expensive or about right?

Options
I’ve found so many spam sites and rubbish when looking at Solar so I’m finding it hard to know if these quotes are reasonable. The 2nd quote offers larger batteries and 2 more panels for the same money but I’m not as sold with them as a company. 

1. local company with good reviews, via solar together scheme. Get good vibe from them no pressure sales. 
8 x 415w panels 
2 x batteries Mira HV25 (2.38kwh each) 
£8114
2. larger company, reasonable reviews, more salesy. 
10 x 415w panels 
2 x batteries Hanchu32 (3.2 kWh each) 
£8197

Be interested to know what others have paid for similar. 
Recently married and loving it x

Comments

• Petriix
    Petriix Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd ask on the 'Green and ethical' board but those quotes seem a little high to me. Panels cost about £100 each wholesale. Add £500 for an inverter £1000 for scaffolding and £500 for labour and anything over £3k is pure profit for a typical 4kWp system. £4k is about right but £5k is typical due to high demand.

Batteries are complicated to calculate the ROI on and often don't make great financial sense unless you have high peak usage. 
  • nightsky224
    nightsky224 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Petriix said:
    I'd ask on the 'Green and ethical' board but those quotes seem a little high to me. Panels cost about £100 each wholesale. Add £500 for an inverter £1000 for scaffolding and £500 for labour and anything over £3k is pure profit for a typical 4kWp system. £4k is about right but £5k is typical due to high demand.

Batteries are complicated to calculate the ROI on and often don't make great financial sense unless you have high peak usage. 
    Thank you for taking the time to respond I will also post on the Green and ethical board. 

Recently married and loving it x
  • boots_babe
    boots_babe Posts: 3,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We installed PV last year and you're right, it's certainly a minefield!

Without knowing the inverter size and brand, or the panels brand it's impossible to sensibly comment on whether it's a good quote. I've never heard of those 2 battery brands either.

But what I'd strongly recommend,  is getting yourself in the below Facebook group. Such a helpful one, lots of very knowledgeable people,  both owners and installers. I learned so much on there when we were going through the purchase process.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2197329430289466/?ref=share

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure