We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Avianca: 'Plus' legroom and Spanish requirement for emergency exit

Options
I just phoned Avianca to ask whether the Plus seats have more legroom than regularly Economy. The guy could not tell me. The seating chart says they are more spacious but they are 3x3 as in Economy so they are no wider. Does anyone know if they have extra legroom?
For the main, the website says you must read, speak and understand Spanish to book an emergency exit. My Spanish is pretty basic and if crew were shouting instructions during an emergency I probably wouldn't understand. Are they going to test me when I board? (I am 6'5" so cannot take the risk of not having good legroom.)

Comments

• 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,996 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are planning to book the emergency exit window seat or one of the others in the row?

Whenever I have had the exit window seat the air crew have spoken to me to check that I understand what to do and am happy to do it. That conversation could well be in Spanish in this case which would likely expose your langauge barrier. If you are in the isle seat and someone else is in the exit window seat, I doubt it would be a problem and you wouldn't even be spoken to about it.
  • aroominyork
    aroominyork Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not window.
    I would still like to know about Plus legroom. The Avianca office could not tell me!
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,996 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you tried looking on seatguru.com with the flight details.
  • aroominyork
    Options
    Yes, it shows no extra legroom in Plus. I think maybe Plus recline but regular Economy do not - is that right? Could you have non-reclining in Economy for long haul - does that exist?
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, it shows no extra legroom in Plus. I think maybe Plus recline but regular Economy do not - is that right? Could you have non-reclining in Economy for long haul - does that exist?
    Some seats in economy around the exit rows indeed may not offer recline. Often the overwing exit ones.
  • aroominyork
    Options
    Westin said:
    Some seats in economy around the exit rows indeed may not offer recline. Often the overwing exit ones.
    It seems that none of the Economy seats recline. The are described as 'pre-reclined'! I'll use a different airline.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure