How long until closed credit accounts removed

Options
Hi
I have closed a credit card and reduced some limits, but Experian hasnt reflected this, as theyre still showing. Its been over 2 weeks so far. How long does it usually take?

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Depends how often the accounts are updated, Could take several weeks to show up.
  • MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 19 February at 4:35PM
    Options
    Lenders will report the closed accounts in their monthly reporting. When you see it will depend on whether you're seeing a live view or a monthly update. So a couple of months possibly.

The accounts will remain visible on your files for 6 years.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lenders will report the closed accounts in their monthly reporting. When you see it will opened on whether you're seeing a live view or a monthly update. So a couple of months possibly.

I did find on the free one some didn't update for a couple of months which was weird, even allowing for lag on the free sites it's weird, I seem to recall Experian (via credit club) were by far the lest updated/slowest

@DJSINGH do make sure you are not paying Experian for anything like this

• DJSINGH
    DJSINGH Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    Lenders will report the closed accounts in their monthly reporting. When you see it will opened on whether you're seeing a live view or a monthly update. So a couple of months possibly.

I did find on the free one some didn't update for a couple of months which was weird, even allowing for lag on the free sites it's weird, I seem to recall Experian (via credit club) were by far the lest updated/slowest

@DJSINGH do make sure you are not paying Experian for anything like this

Interestingly its Experian I have the free trial with! If I did a new credit application, would they get a live version so knowing that I dont actually have as much credit currently assigned to me as it shows for me?
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    edited 19 February at 5:13PM
    Options
    DJSINGH said:

If I did a new credit application, would they get a live version so knowing that I dont actually have as much credit currently assigned to me as it shows for me?
    Yes, lenders will see live data (which they pay for), so they'll always see the most current data.  Although of course, if an existing lender of yours hasn't yet sent their data in to the CRA, it won't be visible to anyone.
    All lenders have different reporting cycles.  Some send their data to the CRAs weekly, some fortnightly, it can be any frequency really.  Anecdotally, monthly reporting tends to be most common, but all lenders are different.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback