Max’d my LISA and S&S ISA. Where to invest next?

Options
2»

Comments

• Archerychick
    Archerychick Posts: 261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You also need to think about when you'd need access to that money based on your plans. If you pay more into your pension you won't be able to access that until long after you plan to stop work, so adding your spare money into that may not make sense for you, and instead general investments may be the best place for you.
    When the OP said this.  My goals are to retire early and to buy a property overseas in when I’m 40 (I’m currently 29 so in 11 years

I do not think they meant they were planning to retire at 40. Presumably not anyway as retiring at 40 would mean you would have to have a LOT of money to live a good lifestyle for the next 40 or 50 years.
    Indeed! With limited details on current income, savings etc I thought it should be mentioned. Be lovely to be in a position to retire at 40 though 😊
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,514 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hard to visualise how this plan hangs together. The LISA would incur a penalty if used to buy foreign property at 40, but would be ok to use at 60. The only savings mentioned are in a Chase current account, so is the plan to save towards a property as username suggests or hope that the sequence of returns in the S&S ISA is favourable?
    Is the plan to live in the foreign property, perhaps in a cheaper part of the world to enable earlier retirement, or is this to be a holiday home?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback