Found bank details - too late for PPI claim?

Options
Ash_Pole
Ash_Pole Posts: 310 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 15 February at 11:15PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
I took out a loan with Lloyds bank back in 1991 and I'm certain it had PPI as I was made redundant soon afterwards and they refused to pay out.
Before the PPI deadline in 2019 I raised a claim with Lloyds but I didn't have any paperwork (I'm not with them now) and they said they could find no record of my ever having been a customer of theirs.
Just this week though I found an old payment card receipt from 1990 which conclusively proves I did have an account with them.
Is there anything I can do with this now?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just this week though I found an old payment card receipt from 1990 which conclusively proves I did have an account with them.
    The PPi issue wasn't about bank accounts though.   Evidence would need to be the loan agreement or statement., which of course won't exist any more unless you kept a copy

Is there anything I can do with this now?
    no

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Banks delete old date in line with the DPA and GDPR, typically 6 years after you cease being a customer. If you had a loan in 1991 and it was paid off/defaulted/written off then the files would have been deleted long before 2019, probably around 2000. If you have no records and they don't then you have no proof you even had PPI so there is no complaint.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback