PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land registry plan v lease plan

Options
The lease to the ground floor apartment that I am buying is shown on lease including garden but the land registry only shows the building.  Is this usual and why? If not usual what can l do about it?
(Sellers solicitor is querying this with land registry but it's taking time...)

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,601 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The garden may be registered under a different title number.  Has your solicitor done an Index plan search?
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,824 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The lease to the ground floor apartment that I am buying is shown on lease including garden but the land registry only shows the building.  Is this usual and why? If not usual what can l do about it?
    (Sellers solicitor is querying this with land registry but it's taking time...)
    With leases it’s the lease plan that matters most here as that’s what’s defined in the ‘demise’, namely the extent of what’s being leased. 
    Whilst we used to map the demised extent, as best we could on our title plans, since 2014 we’ve generally only mapped the building’s footprint - see section 8 of our PG for guidance. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/land-registry-plans-title-plan
    If the solicitor has queried it though, and the guidance doesn’t fit this leasehold title, then they’re going to want to wait for a reply. 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback