The Range and Wilko

Options
At what point does ordering from a company that fails to deliver on dispatch times almost become a scam?

Pre-ordered from The Range on a bed in November and they took the money with a delivery time of 5th January, however as the time drew nearer the delivery date was almost slipping by a day every day. After a couple of weeks of no shows and delays I cancelled the order mid January (money was returned after about 7 days). 

Tried with their sister company, Wilko, who had the same bed in stock, with a delivery date of today (14th Feb). On the order the delivery date never changed yet today they're now saying 6th March. So I'm now cancelling that order (but reliant upon emails/WhatsApp to do that as Wilko have no phone number).

So the companies have had my money (a not insignificant amount too!) for nearly 3 months in total and I have no product to show for it and zero customer service empathy. 

I'm guessing there's no recourse except for a lesson learned?

Comments

• Ena123
    Ena123 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hasn't Wilko gone into administration? 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ena123 said:
    The Range bought the brand name.
  • Ena123
    Ena123 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jon81uk said:
    Ena123 said:
    The Range bought the brand name.
    Oh, didn't know. That's great. I checked the website, didn't open previously, now seeing they have a .com one and planning to open more stores. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback