PPI query - claiming extra money

Options
danielfleetwood
danielfleetwood Posts: 23 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 13 February at 6:06PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Good afternoon.

In 2020, I received an email from Canary Claims, who I claimed PPI through back in 2018(ish) stating I was owed more money after a review of the refund I received, and a company would contact me to discuss this.

I then received an email from a company called Fuse Legal stating this after I filled a form out with my details -
Because you previously received a refund (Tipping Point) of £857.69 and £576.15 we can estimate what your refund will be with Fuse Legal costs taken off.  

The potential refund from Lloyds Bank if successful with fees taken off would be around £1,100-£1,300 and the second refund would be around £800-£1,000 (Depending on interest).

The two Lloyds accounts are the only refunds you have had previously that had the Plevin element attached to it. 

I only remembered about this yesterday (as I was tidying up my inbox) but it appears Fuse Legal have now gone out of business. Can anyone advise what the above refers to, and how I would go about claiming this apparent extra money I am owed?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why do you believe you are owed 'extra' money?

Regardless, if you believe there is a valid complaint which is not timed out, you would simply make it yourself.

Claims companies simply pass on the information you give them.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 February at 7:02AM
    Options
    Fuse Legal had an Advertorial running  in the Sun online March April 2022 not sure although a later date if this could be related to your mysterious "Extra Money" it's in relation to Plevin claims where even though your policy was not miss sold you could claim back any excessive commission paid to whoever you bought your PPI from. (The commision came out the premiums you paid). Rather obviously if your mis-selling complaint was upheld and you've already received all your premiums back plus statutory interest there is nothing else to claim.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback