IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Playing the parking companies at their own game

12346»

Comments

• Jopkins
    Jopkins Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 February at 7:14PM
    You work for the landowners?

Kick the PPC out then (or encourage your employers to do that).  You do not need a 'permit scheme' which does not target trespassers, it targets you.
    I'm pretty much the lowest rung on the ladder, I'm afraid! I won't have any realistic input with my employers, so I thought the least I can do is make things as difficult as possible for the PCC.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It's a shame, as I was hoping that there might be room to try something new which could have been a bit of a game-changer if ordinary people can start issuing invoices to PCC's where those PCC's genuinely don't have a claim and they can demonstrate it.
    I'm afraid no games are changed in the Small Claims Court. Each judgment is relevant only to the case before that judge on that day, it creates no precedent, or even persuasive influence beyond it. 

You might win your case, but the next motorist who attempts to proceed for exactly the same reasons and follows precisely your actions and presents exactly your arguments is as likely to lose their case as win it. It will be judged on its merits on the day by the judge conducting that hearing. It could even backfire with unreasonable costs being awarded against him/her. And PPCs will not be slow to claim them!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure