PIR Floodlight not working

I have replaced a PIR light but it won’t switch on, electrics are fine as I hear the sensor click but nothing happens bulb is fine as well. I have tried different settings but it makes no difference attached is a photo of the sensor, have I just got a dodgy one or is something wrong with the settings? Equally I’d prefer the light to simply be an on off light so is there something I can do with the wiring to achieve this so the pir sensor is not needed?
I can offer no resistance, I can offer no respite
Wake me when conflict is over,
I aim for a peaceful life,
Wake me up when the fury is ended
I like living a peaceful life

Comments

• Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,668
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Is lux turned to max otherwise it won't come on in the day. Dies it comes on if you turn the switch for it on off on quickly?
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,375
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    To test it turn every dial to maximum, the lux setting dictates how dark it is before activating,

If you want an on off light you just need a none PIR unit.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,023
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I used to find if i put my hand over the PIR the light used to come on and then adjust the time on switch ,i got rid of mine as the one in the back of the house used to come on when the steam off the combi boiler used to blow past it when windy ,replaced both with solar powered ones so no cost for electricity.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • mexican_dave
    mexican_dave Posts: 231
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Agree, get rid! Install a nice outside light fitting maybe a simple bulkhead fitting without PIR and just switch it on/off. Note: Building Regs require movement sensors on outside lights for energy saving, but unless your set-up came fitted to the house and fell under Building Regs in force at the time, then guess it doesn't matter. I have been told-off in this forum for saying: "Building Regs inspectors don't tour the streets looking for breaches of the Regulations!"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback