The end of my Sky TV era

tt2505
tt2505 Posts: 40
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Well, it’s finally happened today, our Sky TV contract is over.
multi room & apps are no more, although because we still have the ‘Q’ equipment I’m hoping we can still watch, record & pause until the packaging arrives to return it?! 
As others have previously posted, in over 20 years as a Sky customer this has been the absolute worst negotiating, they simply aren’t budging! Once out of contract in January our £31.50 (signature, netflix, multi room) bill increased by 50% & of course would rise again circa 6% in April. I know it sounds petty, but we rarely watch any of the Sky channels, more Netflix & Prime (which we have through Amazon account)  £10+ a week just to have the functionality to pause & record seems OTT 😳

Comments

• The_Unready
    The_Unready Posts: 595
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I left Sky last month - my packaging arrived on the last day of my contract  :/. However, they do give you three months to return it.....
  • tt2505
    Forumite
    edited 12 February at 4:47PM
    I left Sky last month - my packaging arrived on the last day of my contract  :/. However, they do give you three months to return it.....
    How are you coping without or have you gone to another provider?
  • The_Unready
    The_Unready Posts: 595
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 February at 7:16PM
    I've taken out a Netflix subscription and I dip in and out of a Discovery+/TNT Sports monthly subscription if there is any football/rugby I want to watch. I never had Sky Movies and I'm not much of a film buff so I haven't missed those.

I bought a Freesat box to hook up to the satellite disband I can record any programmes I need to on that.

All in all I'm  happy with my decision. 
  • tt2505
    Forumite
    I've taken out a Netflix subscription and I dip in and out of a Discovery+/TNT Sports monthly subscription if there is any football/rugby I want to watch. I never had Sky Movies and I'm not much of a film buff so I haven't missed those.

I bought a Freesat box to hook up to the satellite disband I can record any programmes I need to on that.

All in all I'm  happy with my decision. 
    Great 🙌 I have thought to get Netflix when I start to miss it. Is the freesat box easy enough for old dinosaurs to set up? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback