Migrating to uc from tc

Hi im will need to migrate to uc at end of the month.. I want to know how many months banks statements i need to upload or send... I dont do online banking so i need to get physical copies. Also my hubyy has an current account, saving account. And some credit cards hes got to boost his rating and balance transfers.. No physical money in these, do i need copies of these tootheyre all onlone like monzo and tesco card. I have transfered money to both my childrens isa for the last 10 and 20 years... 2kids. Woll they say ive devioded myself of assest oe will this be protected as i was in tc at the time... 


  • peteuk
    peteuk Posts: 1,231
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How do you receive your statements are present?  If in hard copy (Paper) then do you not keep them?  If paperless then via email?…

    Proud to have dealt with our debts
    Starting debt 2005 £65.7K.
    Current debt ZERO.
  • ElwoodBlues
    ElwoodBlues Posts: 372
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You'll only need one recent bank statement to start with - for the id checks. They may or may not request further bank statements at any point during your claim. Don't worry about it until they ask. They won't want credit card statements.

    Regular, long standing payments to child's ISA won't be considered deprivation of capital. They'd need to prove that you'd done it deliberately for the purposes of manipulating your UC entitlement, which clearly could never be the case from 10 -20 years ago.
  • lioness123
    lioness123 Posts: 77
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I get paper statements and hubby gets online ones... I am thinking of phoning them and asking forba paper copy rather tjan online... I not too computer based.. 
  • lioness123
    lioness123 Posts: 77
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 February at 12:30PM
    Hi i need to apply before begining of march... I not computer savvy, can i ask for an extension so i can book in with welfare rights agency... Or ask for a paoee copy...
    In the initial aplkication do u need to declare/upload /show all saving for the last 6 months. If ur migrating from tc... How long does ut take on the computer and can u save it come back to it later before stating the transion claim... Can the claim be rejected if u all info jot completed iru leave boxes blank 
  • MSE_ForumTeam5
    MSE_ForumTeam5 Posts: 907
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    We've moved the above post here from another thread
    Official MSE Forum Team member. Please use the 'report' button to alert us to problem posts, or email [email protected]
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards