Credit File - Missed Payments

Options
Hi. I'm just wondering if this is correct, I'm quite new to all this. 
I received a few defaults 4 years ago due to losing my 2nd job when covid hit. I know in just over 2 years these will be removed from my file. However I have a loan account on my file that I have been making an agreed reduced payment to every month for nearly 4 years. I can't afford to raise the amount at present. The company mark my credit report around 4 times a year as "missed payment". I'm just wondering if this is correct as I'm making a payment, just a reduced one. I suppose I'm just wondering as once the defaults are removed these missed payments will be the only negatives on my file but as they are reported regularly they will continue to have an impact on my rating. I still owe £10,000 so it's not going to be paid off for a long time and if they report missed payments for years on end that will affect me. Maybe it is correct and I just need to suck it up, thought I'd ask thoughts? Thanks for reading. 

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 February at 12:21PM
    Options
    You're not making contractual payments, so in effect missing each payment.

You should ask them to default the account and backdated it to the appropriate time.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 February at 5:39PM
    Options
    You need to make a complaint to them, siting non compliance with FCA guidance.

A default should be registered after between 3/6 missed contractual repayments, they have failed to do so.

Tell them that is unfair, and detrimental to your credit file, in that negative information will still be visible for longer than is necessary.

Ask them to back date the default to the time you first got into trouble.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • LauraMac1
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I will write to them. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback