Legal & General International Index Trust

Hi all,
About to open a ISA Investor and wanted to invest in Legal & General International Index Trust due to years of strong growth.

Anyone tell me any cons about investing in this? Any pitfall traps I should be aware of?

Comments

• I’ve invested in this since 2017 in my ISA, it’s done well for me in that time but it does drop quickly when US equities are having a wobble. 

It fell a lot, actually below what I’d invested into it, when covid market turmoil happened. Then recovered with all the rest. 

It’s ex-UK, & large cap so not exactly fully representative of the whole world. I specifically wanted to invest in something that was developed world & large cap only & this presented the best choice at the time. There are other global index trackers that are more representative of wider markets. 
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 1,295
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Do you drive using your rear view mirror. Or do you look at the road ahead? 
  • aroominyork
    aroominyork Posts: 2,766
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hoenir said:
    Do you drive using your rear view mirror. Or do you look at the road ahead? 
    Both. They are useful for seeing when the police want to pull you over, eg for not having a rear view mirror.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback