Travel Insurance

Options
I booked a holiday last year for a holiday I’m going on this year. At the time of booking I had annual holiday cover with additional medical cover. I’ve now renewed but they have refused to give me any additional medical cover as I’m under investigation for an unrelated issue. Am I covered on the original expired cover should anything happen related to the originally covered medical condition while I’m away? Very confused how it works when your insurance changes when you renew after booking?

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not covered on your expired insurance

Staysure cover existing conditions, they will just exclude cover for the new condition 
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    magd36 said:
    I booked a holiday last year for a holiday I’m going on this year. At the time of booking I had annual holiday cover with additional medical cover. I’ve now renewed but they have refused to give me any additional medical cover as I’m under investigation for an unrelated issue. Am I covered on the original expired cover should anything happen related to the originally covered medical condition while I’m away? Very confused how it works when your insurance changes when you renew after booking?
    You'd have been covered had you had to cancel during that period of insurance, having not needed to cancel back then you are now under the terms of your new policy which excludes the condition. 

You may want to consider buying separate insurance, no one is going to cover an undiagnosed/under investigation condition which will result in a broad exclusion but they will consider covering other unrelated pre-existing conditions. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback