PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

conveyancing

I have a solicitor involved in selling my property. On the footprint we have fill regd title, one adverse possessory title, and another 12ft x 3ft strip of land has been picked up by our buyers solicitor which the family has used and had fenced off for over 47 years. the abutting pub car park does not have it on their land register title documents,. My question is , does my solicitor have to apply for the adverse possession because she is carrying out the conveyancing, when I am more than capable of doing it myself and have all the evidence at my disposal. I have already been down this route, and have also taken guidance from Land registry, and have a good friend that is a well respected and knowledgeable solicitor to lean on for advice.I feel that my solicitor is trying to have me over a barrel.

Comments

• user1977
    user1977 Posts: 13,360
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They don't "have" to do the application, but it might seem a bit odd for them not to (and presumably they'll still have to spend time on it as a complication in the transaction, so not sure how much money you're really saving here).
  • TBG01
    TBG01 Posts: 448
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    By all means submit it yourself.

I'd just be prepared for your solicitor to not be that forthcoming when it comes to helping with any Requisitions raised. 
  • miniguy
    miniguy Posts: 2
    First Post
    Thank you for your comments, i would receive the requisitions so would handle them accordingly, Also my solicitor seems to be so busy i feel it would take them longer to deal with than I could do myself,.i have been quoted £500 plus vat on top of my set package. which for me, is a lot of money. 
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 21,185
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    miniguy said:
    Thank you for your comments, i would receive the requisitions so would handle them accordingly, Also my solicitor seems to be so busy i feel it would take them longer to deal with than I could do myself,.i have been quoted £500 plus vat on top of my set package. which for me, is a lot of money. 
    Perhaps you could politely suggest to the solicitor that the high cost is pushing you to DIY, however if the cost was more reasonable then,,,,,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback