Legoland Resort - Cancellation Policy

Options
hello all 

We want to book Lego land hotel for a night for my sons birthday, however, we noticed that we can't move or cancel the booking within three days of the arrival date. This includes if you buy the cancelation insurance. I was wondering if others had come across this? In the unlikely event of us having to cancel it, it would be beyond our means to rebook as the room is nearly £500.00. Given the likely hood of illness being the primary cause of cancellation it is hard to see how we would know 3 days in advance. So my question(s) would be has anyone else experienced this and come up with a way round it. For instance would we be covered if we paid by credit card? Or are there any reasonably priced insurance policies you could recommend? My son is desperate to go but we have had to change holidays in the past  due to ill health.  Thanks in advance

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you looking at booking direct with LegoLand? What does their cancellation insurance cover if not cancellation? Unfortunately their website isn't working for me so cannot read it for myself. 

Regular travel insurance may provide cover but double check the terms as trips inside the UK tend to have a minimum stay etc to qualify 
  • ramone
    ramone Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the cancellation insurance  policy they offer only lets you cancel up to 3 days before arrival. After that you just lose your money whether you have taken their cover or not. 
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What grounds are acceptable to meet the cancellation criteria? 
  • ramone
    ramone Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing if it is within the three days before you arrive ... Which if we did have to cancel for illness is unlikely we would know 3 days in advance. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback