Find a Car List Price in March 2023?

2»

Comments

• Mildly_Miffed
    Mildly_Miffed Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    What proportion of the total cost of ownership of this car is the £390 extra VED?

Don't forget to factor depreciation and finance cost into your calculation, along with the more obvious costs - insurance, fuel, servicing, tyres, etc etc.
  • ontheroad1970
    ontheroad1970 Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Jaybee you were fortunate to have a good dealer, After 12 months it is probably too late for me.
    The fact that your car is liable for  the charge has nothing to with the competency of the dealer.  You have no claim against them if the list price for the car and extras was over the 40k mark.
  • Miniminxie
    Miniminxie Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Ontheroad1970 - Given that my main concern, very clearly expressed several times to the dealer at the time was keeping the cost under £40K because of the tax liability I would have expected them to explain the rules more transparently.

I looked for a list price at the time but could not find one advertised as there was a shortage of the make/model available at the time. All the paperwork figures showed less than £40K. Perhaps the fact that this car was 'found to be available' at shorter notice makes me wonder now if someone else had rejected it for that reason.

As I said earlier, in the grand scheme of things I guess it's not too bad a problem to have and the message remains 'Caveat Emptor'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback