Do executors have automatic access to keys to a property?
Hi, I am just putting together a new will for myself, I live in a flat and my executors will be a local firm of solicitors and a relative at the other end of the country. Nobody other than myself has keys to my flat, I am wondering are there any barriers to the executors gaining access to my flat after I die? My will once completed will be easily found in my cabinet together with funeral plan and instruction to call the executors, etc. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 234K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards