LG Dishwasher water too cold

Options
I have a 10 month old LG dishwasher that keeps displaying error code BE , ive phoned LG and did everything suggested but no joy , the LG engineer came out and said hed seen the issue before , its because the water is less than 5 degrees, the engineer s have reported this to 
lG who wont accept responsibility. So ive contacted John Lewis from where I purchased, who are proving awkward beyond belief even suggesting i contact the water company?!
i did purchase on credit card, any advice on how to proceed, JL, or LG or section 75, any advice greatly appreciated 

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you checked what the error code means in your manual? Looking at a random LG dishwasher it says bE is for excess suds 

Cold water can be a cause of oversudsing but there are others. Have you cleaned the interior, filters etc? LG recommend running a cycle with a bowl of 150ml of milk on the top shelf (they don't say if to use detergent or not). 

Other obvious options are to change your detergent to see if other types cause the same problem.

With our new washing machine we followed the instruction for hard water (as we have just into the hard water category) and it resulted in far too much foam but because its liquid cleaner its easy to cut down the quantity and the problems gone away. 
  • Olinda99
    Olinda99 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    probably the best advice is to get a different engineer because error code be has nothing to do with cold water

People also ask
    What does it mean when my dishwasher says be?

bE error code indicates the use of improper detergent or failure to level the appliance. 
  • Alderbank
    Alderbank Posts: 2,846 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    BE stands for Bubble Error!

There is a shallow tray at the bottom of your dishwasher, under the drum. Its main purpose is to catch any overflow of suds. The tray contains a liquid sensor which triggers the BE warning.
    The overflow tray also catches any minor leaks. Usually minor drips just evaporate from the tray but if the leak is sufficient they will build up, especially in cold weather, and eventually trigger the BE warning. Appearance after 10 months is the sweet spot for a leak.

Did the repair man pull the unit out and examine underneath properly? If not I would get him back. I suspect your floor will be wet. Once he looks around the tray he should easily see where the leak is.
  • LR593300
    LR593300 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hi! We have the exact same problem with our LG dishwasher. Did you get the problem solved? 
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    Options
    LR593300 said:
    Hi! We have the exact same problem with our LG dishwasher. Did you get the problem solved? 
    If they did, they are keeping quiet.
    last seen Feb 12, 2024

What feeds does the washer have? 

Life in the slow lane
  • LR593300
    LR593300 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    LR593300 said:
    If they did, they are keeping quiet.
    last seen Feb 12, 2024

What feeds does the washer have? 

Not sure what you mean by feeds, but exactly same problem as described, it shows the Be code but no soap/bubbles, the machine is leveled and the water inside is really cold. It is a relatively new LG DF455HMS
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    Options
    Feeds are the pipes that come in to washer.

So Cold & or Hot.

Some washer may only have cold feeds & heat water themselves, rather than using hot water.

As clearly if just cold feed. The water temp will depend on time of year.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure